HUMOUR: Funny Facebook Statuses Courtesy of Funnyman Steve
In this day and age of utter crap and the tons of rubbish people spew out about South Africans, we do have a great sense of humour. Apart from the British, we have the keen ability to laugh at ourselves and exercise some good, charming wit in any given situation.
I’m not too afraid that I have done what every blogger who has a lazy lapse has done. Below is a collection of humorous and memorable South African Facebook statuses I’ve come across over the past two weeks to illustrate my point that South Africans are pretty, funny people.
Go ahead and claim whichever one’s you like as your own! I won’t file a plagiarism case. Sharing is caring – that’s how I role. (Note: all names below have cleverly been changed to “Steve” to save face).
- Steve is so hip he could be used in old people.
- Steve wonders… what is the speed of dark?
- Steve is a vegetarian, not because he loves animals but because he hates plants!
- Steve is single… quick! Now’s your chance!
- Steve is wondering why blind people like walking the dog so much?
- Steve is writing a paper called Sex and Pregnancy: A Possible Connection
- Steve wants to thank everyone for the nice birthday wishes. The not so nice ones were good too.
- Steve thinks the force is like duct tape… it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- Steve is currently nursing a fantastic hangover.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes” – Steve
- Steve is gleaming the cube – awww yeeaah!
- Steve writes: “Dear Lunch: Sorry we didn’t meet up today. I was looking forward to it. Maybe we can double up tomorrow?”
- Steve is same shit different decade.
- Steve is wondering who general failure is and why is he trying to read my hard disk?
- Steve is known for his motivational skills. Everyone always says they have to work twice as hard when he’s around!
- Steve is wondering what will happen if he touches the red wire with the green wir#*&G!
As you can see ‘Steve’ is a pretty funny guy. He often ‘scores’ at parties and is always the life of the braai. He is also proudly South African, which I think has a lot to do with him having such a great sense of humour. Anyone got any other great one’s to add? Please do!
Best Happy Friday post yet: If historic people had Facebook :D
More SA humour:
Men vs. Women (pure poetry)
Another blog post with funny facebook statuses