Samsung Dive Now Available in South Africa
SAMSUNG DIVE: Samsung Gets Smart With Mobile Security
As Smartphones become ever increasingly sophisticated, more and more personal information is stored on them, and the loss of a phone can be far more than just an inconvenience. It is with this in mind that Samsung has launched Samsung Dive – an online access portal to address the security issues associated with a mobile lifestyle.
“If you’ve ever lost your phone, you’ll know it can be very frustrating and more importantly, it can be a huge security risk. We have responded to the security needs of our consumers as the Samsung Dive service will provide peace of mind by allowing you to not only see the details of your phone via the Internet, but where you last used it, and if you have lost it or it was stolen, you can wipe your personal information off the device.” – Paulo Ferreira, Head of Product and Software Solutions at Samsung.
Samsung Dive is in essence a free security assistant. When your device is lost you can lock your device via Samsung Dive and with the Mobile Tracker service you will be able to lock, wipe or see the location of your phone. Key elements include:
- Ring my Phone feature: This service will use the Internet to send a message to the phone to ring and initiate a call whether the phone is on or off.
- Receive notification when the SIM card is changed: You can be notified when the SIM is changed in the case that someone uses your phone illegally.
- Remotely lock your phone: You can lock your phone to prevent people from using it and accessing your personal information.
- Remotely wipe your phone: If you lose your phone and it hasn’t been returned, you can initiate a remote wipe to protect your privacy.
- Receive the location of your phone: To help you find your phone, the service will show the last location of your phone on Google Maps.
In addition to the above, Samsung Dive allows for the ability to pull up call logs remotely. This is certainly a practical function for parents as it allows them to monitor their child’s cellphone and stay in contact. If your child is out and isn’t answering, for example, not only can your track the phone, but you can also pull up the call logs and dial the last person they were in contact with.
- Note: The Samsung Dive application is only available for the Samsung Galaxy SII (which will be officially launched locally within the next quarter) and the Samsung Wave II (locally available in-store). Further models will become available at a later stage. Samsung will keep you updated as to these additions.
– Published on behalf of Samsung and Orange Ink.