14 simple weight loss tips

WEIGHT LOSS: Tips to help shed those unwanted flabby bits

I used to have the special ability to eat whatever I pleased and never put on weight. This was before I hit twenty five. I am no longer the envy of the heftier members of my family and I’ve had to start following a few weight loss tips to stay in shape.

With winter having waned, you are so often left with the results of overindulging in the warm, delicious winter dishes which tend to settle around the middle body area, increasing your girth and refusing to budge. All of this is exasperated through lack of exercise. The gradual expansion of weight in this manner can eventually lead to all kinds of of negative, unhealthy conditions. Proper weight loss will help prevent these.

Research shows that decreasing your body fat percentage by 5-10 percent reduces your risk of cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, cancer and other lifestyle related diseases. Follow these simple weight loss hints and tips below to help reduce your weight and improve overall well-being.

14 weight loss tips:

  • Exercise while watching television.
  • Use a smaller plate when dishing up your food.
  • Make sure ½ of your plate is full of raw or cooked vegetables.
  • Drink a glass of water before your meal to help fill up the stomach.
  • Reduce/eliminate alcohol intake as this can contribute to weight gain.
  • Eat 80%of your total energy intake during the day and the other 20% at night.
  • Cut back on your carbohydrates at night eg: pasta, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes etc.

Be careful of snacking, especially at restaurants or coffee shops. Milkshakes and carrot cake with cream, for example, contain approximately 4500 KJ. For the average woman, this amount of energy virtually covers her total energy intake for the day.

  • Exercise: starting with a short walk then gradually increasing the walk to 30 minutes a day is a good start.
  • Eat at the table rather than in front of the television. When your brain is preoccupied with visual stimuli other than your food, this can affect the digestive process.
  • Wait twenty minutes before you go for a second helping. It takes at least twenty minutes for the brain to register you are satisfied.
  • If you are still hungry after a meal, head for the salads which contain little or no dressing.
  • Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Sometimes we are thirsty and not hungry.
  • Feed the body with nutrient rich foods (vegetables, fruits, whole-grains, avocados, nuts) rather than nutrient diluted foods (refined foods, biscuits, breads, sweets, chocolates etc.)

And remember, “optimum nutrition = optimum weight” !

** More Online Tips & Tricks **


Galen (name), meaning: "Curious One". A lover of language, human ingenuity and the forces of the universe. Hugely drawn towards the mysterious and unknown. Regular laughter and escapism essential.

You may also like...

2 Responses

  1. Hollywood Weight Loss says:

    I was able to losse 12 pounds in 2 weeks watching tv haha this is how i did it, http://bit.ly/c6ZjnK

  2. James says:

    Wow, awesome tips! Thanks for sharing those helpful tips. I will follow your tips and will recommend people. These tips will help me a lot.

Leave a Reply